Sunday, January 20, 2013

Journaling

Since I started practicing iyengar style, I also started meditating and journaling. I don't journal everyday but at least a few times a week. Sometimes I write how I felt during practice or how I felt during meditation. Other times I just list the poses we learned in class. This photo was last night when I finally got the chance to sit down and reflect on class.

I noticed during my second class I was anxious, I felt like I should know how to do the asanas we learned last well properly. I felt embarrassed when I was adjusted. It's so weird because during the first class I didn't feel that way. We also did more challenging poses, and they were pretty tough for me. Upward dog, cobra, and warrior I were so hard. I wasn't adjusted during the updog or cobra but I felt like I needed to be. It just don't feel natural. My back was so tight and I just couldn't feel the "release" my instructor kept referring t. My arms were killing me, I could hardly keep up with my breath! Warrior I was even worse, I couldn't get the alignment right, it felt so ackward. Te instructor basically positioned me into the pose. Once I was positioned properly this warrior I felt nothing like the warrior asanas I do at home.

All in all, I still enjoyed myself. I know every day of practice isnt going to e easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment