Thursday, January 24, 2013

Teacher training

I can't believe I am able to say that I found a program! I have been searching for months and got pretty disappointed because most programs won't start until september. Then there were the two week intensive programs that were starting soon but there's no way I could do that. Most programs either have class every other weekend Friday-Sunday or the intensive classes are Monday-Friday for two weeks or so.
You know when you want something so bad, you just feel like you can't wait to start working towards it? That's how I have been feeling. Then all of a sudden, I get an email from a program I applied to in December. I forgot all about it. I was informed that I was accepted and that the first meeting would be this Saturday! This is a newer program and it is a studio registered with the yoga alliance. I am very excited but also nervous and skeptical. The program runs over ten months with meetings every month and one mandatory weekend retreat. As students we pick the dates we meet each month. This is a great option because it allows for so much flexibility.

We will not be required to purchase textbooks, the instructor says to just bring pencil, notepad, mat, and an open mind! I'm wondering how we will learn all we new to know meeting just a couple times per month and not using textbooks?

I'm pretty sure I will get more details when I attend our first meeting. I really hope this program is the right fit for me. I have a feeling that it is:)

No comments:

Post a Comment