Friday, February 1, 2013

Why I don't participate in instagram challenges anymore

Well I've said it before and I will say it again. My practice has changed, it changed months ago. I found I wasn't really practicing yoga, I was just taking pics for instagram. I wasn't focused on breathing or alignment, my concern was getting the best shot. I also like to focus on a few poses and really learn then and really feel the transformative power that comes. I can't do that trying a new pose everyday without guidance or the time it takes to really understand the pose.

Instagram is partially responsible for my continued interest in yoga, but I'm starting to dislike all the challenge poses. Why can't we just post our happy yoga poses and call it a day. Now I'm not speaking for everyone that post a challenge. There are many yogis that take the time to explain the pose, benefits, how to adjust for beginners, etc, that I love.

I hope I don't sound like a hater. To each his own, maybe one day I will hop on the bandwagon again. It is really inspiring to follow so many other yogis. But, I know I need to make sure my intentions are good :)
Namaste~

No comments:

Post a Comment