Saturday, January 18, 2014

Grad school drop out?

A few months ago I got the crazy idea to go back to school for my masters degree in nursing. I wasn't exactly sure why I made the decision but I can think of a few possible reasons: I always feel like I should be working towards something -I was bored.... Since I couldn't start yoga school - it's free, courtesy of my current job - I was curious so many of my coworkers have gone back and most finish and I just wanted to see if I could do it Well, I passed the class with an "A" I actually enjoyed the class too. But when I registered for my second course I just didn't feel right. I knew I didn't want to take it, but felt like since I started I had to finish.... Well long story short I decided to drop the class a couple days after it started. I attempted to do some of the assignments but my " heart" just wasn't into it. I was frustrated and annoyed and couldn't help but think of the many other ways I could be spending my free time. I'm not saying grad school won't ever happen for me, but I just realize that now is not right time.

At this time in my life I really want to focus on self study. Since starting yoga I have learned so much about my life and am realizing that I have so much potential. I think yoga is what's helping me realize what I really want to do with my life. I want to devote my free time doing something that I love! What is it that I love? My garden, yoga, making homemade products, trying new recipes, researching holistic nursing.... 


So what exactly are my goals since grad school isn't happening right now???
Finish reading books that I already purchased 
Yoga teacher training (sept 2014)
Work per diem as a home care nurse
Develop a daily yoga/Ayurveda routine
Journal more
Blog more
Holistic nurse certification

No comments:

Post a Comment