Sunday, May 4, 2014

I am a holistic nurse

I dream of and claim the day that I can wear yoga clothes all day and practice yoga, qigong, and healing touch as my job. I am a holistic nurse! It's a way of being. When I see a patient, I see a whole person and realize that I need to be fully present and address not only the physical condition but the mind and spirit as well. I aim for whole person healing. I am aware of the energy I bring and hope that my energy, presence, and duties as a nurse will place the patient in the best position to be healed. I hope to suggest alternative therapies that I am knowledgeable in based on patient to patient basis. Not every patient will be receptive to alternative therapies, but that doesn't mean the holistic nursing care stops. Again, holistic nursing is a way of being. Not so much something you do. As I continue my holistic life journey and take more continuing education I will obtain my certification as a holistic nurse :)

No comments:

Post a Comment