Friday, August 22, 2014

Facebook "like" page

This has been something I wanted to do for a couple years now. I initially set up a "like" page in 2011 when I started my locs. I never posted or used the page. the timing/ reasoning just wasn't right. Yesterday, I "free-styled" my first yoga video. As I mentioned I decided to take the yoga nursing online essentials course. Its been a couple weeks since I started the training and yesterday I started wondering how was I ever gonna share what I learned. I spent a good part of the morning yesterday going crazy looking for people who have also completed the training to see how they are implementing it. Finally the guru in me whispered "just do it" it made sense! If I wanted to start sharing what I learned and know, I just needed to do it. I recored my video on my back porch in pajamas with my hair just as it was when I woke up. Long story short, I didnt dress up for the video. Like Beyonce says "I woke up like this" lol Anyways, I recorded a 12 minute video and it came with ease, the words just flowed. I sent the video to my 2 of biggest supporters my sister and one of my BFFS. The watched and practiced the video and sent feedback! All in a few hours! I was so thankful and also inspired. Especially because these two although they support me, they have consistently said that "they can't do yoga" Well they did it! My heart was so happy and tears came to my eyes as I read their positive feedback. Now here we are 24hrs later and back to the reason for this post. I finally created my "like" page. I want to share what I am passionate about. I know that if I could get my sister and friend to do yoga I could get many others who may feel "they can't do yoga" I was nervous of course to share the page, but I went for it. I worried about what content to post. Well my page has been active for a few hours and I have 11 likes! That may seem like a small number but it means sooooo much to me. As far as content, so far I went back to my instagram account and shared the photos I tagged #holisticlifern some of these photos are more than a year old! But this journey isn't new, its been and will continue to be a work in progress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment