Saturday, August 9, 2014

Yoga and Nursing!!!!

Earlier this week I posted a topic "Yoga Teacher Training or MSN" to the holistic nurses group on Linkenin. I got a fair amount of advice, most said to do both! One lady named Kerry of nursekcyoga.com mentioned yoganurse.com I had seen this site numerous times but stayed away from it because I thought one had to already be a yoga teacher to take the training. Well Kerry was nice enough to take my number and call me to discuss yoga nursing as she is a certified yoga nurse. After speaking with her I decided I needed to take the yoga nurse essentials course! So a couple nights ago I paid for it and downloaded all the lovely content. So far Ive listened to a few of the audio tracks and could not believe that I didnt get bored! I have a history of a very short attention span where I can hardly watch or listen to anything (except music) for more than 2 minutes. lol Well Annette Tersigni (founder of yoga nursing) is amazing and kept my attention while also calming my mind. In fact, last night I listened to her 20 minute guided savasana, and for the first time in my yoga life I actually had a real savasana! Every since the day i spoke to Kerry about yoga nurse essentials I have woke up inspired and with yoga nursing on my mind! Im so excited to indulge in this program and first heal myself so that I will be able to share the yoga nurse essentials with my family, friends, patients, and whoever else may be interesed.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Tiffany, I've known Annette for years, have her Yoga Nursing Essentials course and have nothing but good things to say about it, and her :)

    She posts in our #Nurseup forum often, feel free to ask her a question there.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/nurseup/search/?query=tersigni

    Nice thing about her essentials course is that you can do it at your own pace. Like how she supplements with videos, graphics ,etc within the course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiffany! It was a pleasure to talk with you--I knew you would enjoy the course and I'm so glad you're a part of our community :-)

    ReplyDelete