Saturday, September 27, 2014

Grad school break again?

Its 11pm and I am pretty tired. I sat down to finish an assignment for my Graduate Nursing Research class, but I just cant seem to focus on it. Maybe its because Im tired, maybe its because I know I still have 24hrs until its due, or maybe I'd rather be doing something else. That something else being focusing on me. I used to feel so embarrassed for taking all of this "me time" but its nothing to be embarrassed about. After all I spend the majority of my time caring for others so I am entitled to at least a 1/4 of that time for myself. Back to the topic of this post, while I have been somewhat enjoying my research class I cant wait for it to be over. I was initially registered for a class during next semester but I dropped it and Im glad I did. I think I am gonna put grad school on hold again until I finish my yoga teacher training. I feel like I need to focus on one thing at a time. YTT doesn't really require a lot of monitored class/homework, but it does require an immense amount of self work. I am supposed to be completing 215minutes of yoga weekly, in addition to assigned readings, and practicing teaching what I have learned with family or friends. Now of course, my instructor really wont know if Im doing what I am supposed to, but i want to do it for myself. I want to truly continue to learn, and heal myself so that I can share what I love with others. With all that said, I am promising myself that grad school can wait. When I think about whats important to me and my career, getting my MSN isn't important as I have said before, Im just getting it because its free and it may come in handy one day. I do love research and writing and would love to work that into my future, but I know that I can do those things now without an advanced degree. Back to whats important to me... heres the list - completing yoga teacher training -building my client base -attending workshops -connecting and building relationships with like- minded professionals -yoga retreat -holistic nursing certification -level II HT class -500 YTT see MSN doesn't really fit in right now. I plan on picking it back up in fall 2015. This is the date I had originally planned for as my youngest child would finally be in kindergarten! That will give me 6hrs to work on assignments while the kids are in school and even time for me to do other things I enjoy. Lastly, I must remind myself that everything comes in due time. I want so badly to get all those things done on my list above but I know that when the time is right it will happen. I know that I am exactly where I need to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment