Wednesday, October 22, 2014

My first healing touch session

A few weeks ago I met with my instructor from my level 1 Healing Touch class. She introduced me to a healing touch practitioner and yoga teacher in my area. I tried scheduling appointments with her twice before but something always came up. Well, last week we arranged to meet today and I thought again something would come up to keep me from meeting her. I did feel a little sick yesterday with aches and pains and a sore throat. I thought for sure I would have to cancel the appointment. This morning I woke up and still felt a little sick but much better than the yesterday. I decided to go for my appointment.  This was my first session!  Ive practiced healing touch at home for my own self care, but haven't had the opportunity to receive a full treatment.

I arrive at the location and could almost feel the positive energy from the sidewalk. I didn't feel an ounce of nervousness or anxiety. I had never met this women in person and had no idea what the experience would be like, but at the same time I knew everything was ok and I was right where I was supposed to be. We meet and instantly I feel like I had known her for years!

Before the session started, she asked a few questions to see if I had any physical or emotional issues I wanted to focus on today. I told her Ive had mild occasional chest pain related to heartburn for months now, although it wasn't bothering me at the moment. I didn't have any real active issues, I just wanted the experience.

Once on the table, I set the intention to allow myself to receive whatever I needed and to let go of whatever I didn't need. The session was 45minutes but it felt so much shorter, when she let me know it was over by calling my name and tapping my feet, I felt like I was waking up from a very restorative nap. I felt light and giddy, so much so that I kinda stumbled getting off the table. We sat and chatted and she let me know which chakras were "compromised" on her initial assessment. She assured me after her intervention ( spiral meditation and chakra connection) that all of my chakras were in beautiful flow. The chakras that were compromised were throat, sacral, solar plexus, and left hip. I could understand why each one of them was! My throat had been sore the day before so that made perfect sense. My solar plexus has been an issue for me for a while, I still have problems with digestion (occasionally) and I am can be very self- conscious at times. The sacral chakra had me a little confused at first because I couldn't immediately identify what could have that off balance. But after thinking, I realized I am still very shy when it comes to discussing anything sexual. Its like Im almost embarrassed to talk about it (lol). Finally, my left hip. This made perfect sense because I have L sided sciatica! Now, my sciatica wasn't bothering me this morning and hardly ever bothers me (like it used to) but I couldn't believe how accurate my energy fields were. It was just such an amazing experience.

From this day on, I will work on the chakras that were compromised as well as continue to listen to my inner teacher for guidance and answers. I am still somewhat concerned about my chest pain and was shocked to learn that my heart chakra wasn't out of balance.  A compromised throat chakra could cause some chest discomfort as this charka is related to the esophagus amongst other organs.  I guess I will be speaking up more and speaking my truth more towards myself and others!

No comments:

Post a Comment