Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Unexpected yoga.... the best practice

This morning after dropping my son off my mind was racing a thousand miles per hour. I was thinking about my 3rd graduate class I registered for and whether or not I really feel like going through with it, worried about how am I gonna make time for it. I knew I needed to clear my mind and get grounded yet I did not feel like practicing asana.

I decided to sit in meditation for ten minutes. Prior to meditation I prayed and set the intention for me to be shown what it is I am supposed to be doing with myself. I keep going back and forth between postponing grad school until I am finished with YTT, but at the same time I am learning so much in grad school and discovering so many opportunities. Grad school so far along with yoga and meditation is really opening my eyes to what I believe my ultimate goal is. Its funny because I really do enjoy writing and the assignments for grad school.  Most of the time I can relate assignments to holistic nursing and/or yoga :) The main issue is time management, of course my time is tight but I have to remember what my dear friend told me one day... " i have just enough time to do everything that is important to me".  Whenever I think about that, I calm down and realize that it is true. My other issue is worrying that I may not do "good enough" I will be so glad when this doesnt bother me as much, lol I know I will do just fine, because that has been my history, but the mind likes to try and play games  sometimes.

Anyways, back to the point. After meditation my body naturally decided to do a little cat/dog flow, after that I did a few more warm ups, then standing poses, cobra, locust, wind-releiving, and then a 12 minute savasana!  The asana part was not planned!  After meditating, I guess thats what  I needed so I just went with it. Once my practice was over, I felt so light, calm, and less "flighty". I am still not 100% sure grad school is what I am supposed to be doing right now, but something inside of me says to keep going.  I will just have to learn to be a little more confident and manage my time for effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment