Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Yoga with coworkers

Recently, I had been thinking about sharing yoga with my coworkers. Months ago, actually almost a year ago I started sharing basic poses with coworkers who were interested. This was before yoga nurse essentials and before my yoga teacher training. I always knew I wanted to mix yoga and nursing. Now, because I write and take pictures of everything, I searched my old files to find my recording of it. Here's the little note I captured on my phone from that day: 
   A little yoga with coworkers this am
Forward fold
Lunge
Triangle 

Everyone felt "looser" one told me she felt like it put her in a good mood


I felt like I was breathing easier 



What's even more ironic about me bringing this up, is the fact that last week I mentioned to one of my coworkers that I was gonna start bringing my mat to work and practicing a few poses, meditation, or breathing during part of my lunch break. She asked if I had a mat I could bring for her! We then went to search our new second unit because there's a small vacant storage room.... The room was full of crap but we weren't discouraged. We headed back up to our unit and asked my assistant nurse manager for help, she was very supportive and said I could practice wherever and we could always move the storage items while we practice! That day I left so excited!!! Now randomly, I recorded a video today on my phone and sent it to my ipad to edit. Now because I often do this, when the message arrived to my ipad, an old thread posted as well with the picture from the day I practiced yoga with my coworkers! I had forgotten all about that picture until last week when I started making plans for yoga at work. I thought the picture was lost in cyber space forever. 


All of this is to say that everything happens for a reason and there's always signs that the universe is working in our favor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment