Sunday, November 9, 2014

Accepting what is and where you are

This is a lesson I am working on this weekend. My mind has been busy searching and researching trying to find my "next big thing" I've talked about it before, but I have so many things I want to accomplish and get started. Ive always had the "I want it right now" attitude as well as the "I need to do more" I don't know why I am feeling like this right now, but it is my reality. So how I am getting myself out of this messy little cloud????

1. I need to take a little break from social media, or just stop comparing where I am with everyone else. I follow a lot of yogis, holistic nurses, nurse entrepreneurs etc on social media. For the most part, i gain so much knowledge and inspiration from them. But on days like today where, i am obviously a little off balance, I get envious and wonder why I am not where they are. I know in my heart that I am where I am supposed to be right now and I also know that where I am is ok, I know my time is coming. But the mind likes to play these little games sometimes. Right now, my mind is trying to convince me that  " I need more and I need to do more" My higher self knows this is not true.

2. Focus on the present moment. If I could just step away from the computer for a few minutes and realize what is going on right now in my life, I would easily see that the present moment is beautiful. After all, I am completing my yoga teacher training program, having great success in my graduate classes and  Ive even been able to make time for a consistent home yoga practice of about 20-40 minutes a few times a week.

3. One thing at a time. I need to be more consistent with this. With all my searching and researching, Im already thinking about what my next class, certification, or project will be. I am promising myself today that I will accept where I am and finish what I am working on right now!


See even holistic nurses and yogis get out of whack! I am thankful for my yoga practice and holistic practices that help me to find my center when things get thrown off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment