Monday, January 19, 2015

"Nursing from Within" Book Review



What a treasure! I encourage every nurse to read this book even if you aren't having issues with the current state of nursing. This book isn't just helpful for us as nurses, but the advice and insight Elizabeth provides will help us in our personal lives as well. 
Each chapter has an inspirational quote that goes along with the theme of the chapter,  which I loved! Some of the quotes I wrote down and meditated on what they meant to me. I also enjoyed reading Elizabeth's clinical vignettes and personal stories she shares at the beginning of each chapter, these vignettes are proof that Elizabeth "walks her talk". She tells her story of nursing and describes the problems we face as she has been there. 

This book is not just a summary of nursing problems however, Elizabeth shares how we can all learn to love and be passionate about our careers from nursing within. She has a way of empowering us through her words, reading her book has been such an honor and I am very thankful for the nuggets of wisdom she shares. In the beginning of the book Elizabeth, she shares some of the information she will share we may have heard before. I have to admit, some of the things she recommended, I have heard before but it's something about her perspective that made that same advice seem brand new and inspiring.   

My favorite sentence in her book,   something that I really needed to hear as I am discovering my "nurse within" and going after my hearts desires,  Elizabeth shares " Once you get clear on what it is you want, there's no need to worry about 'how' you will get there" This resonates with me because I have been obsessing over how to really kickstart my business, Elizabeth reminded me to stop worrying because it will happen, just as it did for her!  If you read that quote and wonder how to get clear on what you want, no worries, its all about finding the nurse within and Elizabeth will show you how!






Nursing from Within is an innovative and uplifting guide for nurses at all levels of the profession. Learn how to shift your inner perspective so you can enjoy the work of helping others, regardless of how stressful or challenging the environment you are working in may be. Are you ready to rediscover the joy and passion of nursing? ‘Nursing from Within: A Fresh Alternative to Putting Out Fires and Self-Care Workarounds’ is available now. Get your copy today by visiting Elizabeth Scala’s site, or purchase directly from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment