Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Put your blinders on!

Ever hear that saying? It originates from racing horses as their peripheral vision is blocked so the can only focus on the road ahead and not those surrounding them. I read a lovely post over at http://findyourcalm.blogspot.com/2010/07/put-your-blinders-on.html pretty much sums up my reasoning for writing this post.

Often,  I get so caught up in what others think of my business/career plans. My plans are not the norm so folks can be very skeptical and critical. I am getting better with not worrying so much what people think of my plans, because quite frankly their opinions don't change me at all. I have been surrounding myself with likeminded people which is a great advantage but sometimes... when you are a busy body Vata dosha ( read about doshas here, its an Ayurveda thing http://www.chopra.com/vata-dosha)girl like me this can be a "bad" thing.  I say "bad" because I am very easily distracted and if I hear or see something I am interested in, I will jump on that bandwagon in a heartbeat! I can go from researching a yoga posture to finding a therapeutic yoga teacher and just reading all about their yoga journey and business.  There is nothing wrong with researching and being passionate about your goals and interest but it becomes harmful when like me,   we get easily distracted and eventually lose sight of your original goals.

I have to cut myself some slack, because I am a little better than I used to be with getting distracted and jumping on bandwagons. My progress is a result of my yoga practice and journaling.

*Journaling is great for busy minds like me, I simply write notes whenever an idea comes to mind. This keeps me from wanting to research the idea immediately.

Back to the blinders and the original reason I wrote this post......  How can one put on "blinders" well for me, again it will be my
*yoga practice (because this allows you to connect with your true self)
* daily journals (again a connection to self)
*decreasing distractions (social media, TV,etc)
*spending time in nature ( this helps you to become present, in the present moment blinders arent needed)


Till next till :)


I just had to add this qoute I found online by Meryl Steep it reads

“Put blinders on to those things that conspire to hold you back, especially the ones in your own head.”http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/706163-put-blinders-on-to-those-things-that-conspire-to-hold

totally applicable to me, because its always my thoughts and my own mind thats distracting me! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment