Sunday, February 22, 2015

A New Journey

Although I have been building and working as a self employed nurse with my private clients, I haven't been able to create the time and freedom I wish to have as a business professional. The last few months I have been manifesting really taking my self employment to another level. I remember searching for jobs online, but I couldn't find anything appealing. I didn't want another position where I'd be spending 8-12 hrs a day working, or where I HAD to report somewhere. I knew I wanted to help people live happy and healthy lives. I knew I wanted to be my own boss and really promote something I could be proud of. I wanted an opportunity that would provide abundance financially with immense flexibility. Basically, I was looking for an opportunity that could put me in a position to leave my full-time job, focus on building my private client base, creating educational content/ seminars/webinars/workshops, and of course an opportunity that would allow me to have more time with my husband, kids, family, and friends. I had been feeling really upset lately, because I am tired of my current hospital schedule.


About a week ago, I was introduced to a company that offers self employment. I was very, very skeptical. But, something about this company sparked and maintained a sparked interest in my mind. I went back and forth in my head weighing my pros and cons, discussed it with my family and friends, researched, researched, researched, and connected with a few other partners with the company.

A couple nights ago, I had an epiphany. I realized I had been searching for a new opportunity, all the things I mentioned above, and I felt that the company I was introduced to was that opportunity! It fit all of the characteristics of what I wanted in a self employment position.

Now of course, my pessimistic side started to tell me that "this isn't nursing, and it certainly isn't holistic nursing". I battled with this for a good part of the day yesterday until I had another epiphany. The company that I am now a part of is a company that educates, empowers, and supports people in achieving their goals while simultaneously increasing consciousness and awareness of their fullest potential.                                                                                                                                                          I smiled  and my heart felt relieved when I realized this opportunity
is an extension of what I already do as a nurse and as a yoga teacher!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! What a reminder that the things we want and ask for don't always show up exactly as we think they will appear. I had a similar experience when I was leaving my psychiatric nursing job. In your post you share I am grateful for how you model that when we ask for what we want... we've gotta be ready for what shows up! Any and all of it. That and listening to our inner guidance to enjoy the path of our lives. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany,
    This was a wonderful post and I agree with Elizabeth that this is a great reminder that things we ask for don't always show up how we think they should. Your post also reminds me of the power of manifestation, especially when we are clear with what we want, we ask for it and we believe we will receive it. Congratulations on the new job and allowing yourself to see the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete