Saturday, February 28, 2015

My first week with my new company!

In my last post, I announced my new business! I have decided to extend my services as a holistic nurse, to include educating and empowering others to achieve not only health but wealth as well.

Even though I have already started building my client base for my personal practice, i was very nervous to begin my new business. This week was all about defining my "why" really getting an understanding of why I am doing what I am doing.  I also focussed on reaching out to at least 3 people a day. I have hundreds of friends on social media, yet I hardly ever personally speak with them, so this was initially hard, because I didn't want people to think I was being weird. But as a business owner, I have to learn how to be a little more social.

 I had days where I didn't have time to do anything but leave a friendly comment on a post, and there were days when I was able to engage in full conversations! In fact, just by chatting with someone, I found out this women lived very close to me! I had been her social media friend since August 2014 but had no idea we were so close.

During this first week I also immersed myself in the available trainings and meetings my company offers and participated in our group discussion boards. This is a learning process and I am committed to learning as much as I can so that I can share all of the knowledge with my team members, associates and clients.

Yesterday, my product package arrived and that really excited me! Today, I am working on clearing my office space and making it conducive to productive work.



Lastly, I just want touch on the importance  of self care. As excited as I am to start my business and share information, I spent one day this week on my computer for hours! Researching, reading, learning, networking, etc. I ended up with a headache and was exhausted by the end of the day. Lesson here is to BALANCE your personal life and business, I hadn't taken anytime that day to just be. Just like with anything else, you can burn out when running your own business. SO my advice for myself and others is to balance your time appropriately.  For instance, yesterday I listened to a training video while driving to work my hospital job, when I arrived in the parking lot I was overwhelmed with info. I simply turned the radio off and did a 2 minute deep breathing exercise. Afterwords, I felt light, energized, and balanced!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You are such a hardworking mother, nurse and businesswoman, all rolled into one! I'm amazed with your talent and knowledge in balancing your personal life and your business. I just know that you're great attitude will lead to your success in your business, while living a good relationship with your family. Thanks for that! I wish you all the best! :)

    Ann Boone @ Apex Business Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, thank you for visiting my blog and the lovely compliments ☺️ I am driven by a deep passion to reach my goals and live the life I deserve. my business helps maintain that balance.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete