Monday, August 17, 2015

Morning routine

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love mornings and how much I LOVE my morning routine. I developed this habit a couple years ago after learning about ayurveda (which is called the science of life) Today, I will share 3 things I have been consistent with in my morning routine and how it helps me set the tone for my day.


Tongue Brushing- what?? lol this is an ayurveda thing. but basically before brushing my teeth I like to check out my tongue because according to Ayurveda and even Traditional CHinese Medicine, the tongue can tell the story of how healthy or unhealthy you are.It would take a whole post or more to really explain it all. But basically you want to check for a pink, bright tongue! I tend to have sluggish digestion, so if I havent eaten well the night before or if I have been stressed it will show on my tongue. I like to have an idea of how I am starting my day, this lets me what I really need to really focus on that day to get my body back to balance. Oh, actual tongue brushing just requires a tongue brush, or metal spoon and you literally scrape the gunk off your tongue (about 5 strokes)  The idea is to get all that undigested gunk (ama- toxic build-up) off your tongue before your first drink or meal so you arent sending it further into your digestive system :)

Coffee- YES!!!!! I love warm beverages and love the quite of the morning where  I can enjoy my coffee uninterupted. I have been drinking coffee infused with lingzhi mushromms since Febuary this year and love that I am making a healthier choice, funny story before I started drinking lingzhi coffee  I always needed a ton of cream and sugar in my coffee. Now now, because this coffee is ogranic and I no longer need to dilute the taste of those nasty pesticides in regular coffee. Most days I still use a little creamer, but could totally drink and love this coffee black. Some of the benefits of the lingzhi coffee include- increased vitality, overall health, and it supports your immune system! More on the benefits of lingzhi in another post. Oh, so why drink a warm beverage in the morning? Well it helps to kickstart your digestive system :)

Yoga- Of course I practice yoga daily!~ Wheter its a few minutes of breathing, meditation, or movement I have to do something everyday before I start my day. It helps to get me centered and helps to get the "prana"(life force energy) flowing thru me more effectively, it gives me energy and makes me happy and move easier. I can always feel the difference if I don't practice yoga, I am stiff, less patient, and just feel like something is missing.  I don't normally spend more than 10 minutes on yoga in the morning because that is all I need and sometimes all that I have time for. But those 10 minutes/day are way more beneficial for me than when I was taking a 1 hr class/ once a week

So, do you have a morning routine? I would love to hear about it, please leave your comments below



Day 6/30 blog challenge ☺️

3 comments:

  1. If I had a normal life it'd definitely be easier (night shift pretty much screws up everything.) However, the one thing with which I am pretty consistent is having a 5-10 minute devotional time. Scripture reading, prayer, meditation: I know the difference in my day when I DON'T have that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had a normal life it'd definitely be easier (night shift pretty much screws up everything.) However, the one thing with which I am pretty consistent is having a 5-10 minute devotional time. Scripture reading, prayer, meditation: I know the difference in my day when I DON'T have that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra, thanks for stopping by and sharing what works for you! I almost forgot aboutbthe nightshift nurses. Glad you have something that works for you! My friend Sierra wrote a nice blog about how she gets through working night shift http://nursesierra.blogspot.com/2014/03/how-i-make-night-shift-work-for-me.html?m=1

      Delete