Sunday, August 16, 2015

Right place at the right time

This was me today... Over a year ago one of my very good friends told me about a church , how much she loved it and how she thought I would enjoy it. I had been saying for a few years now that I wanted to go back to church especially to teach my kids about Christ. My sister moved and now lives 10 minutes from me and the first kid my nephew meets happens to be the son of a pastor. Now when I had learned their church was in my neighborhood and after meeting the pastor And his wife, I wasn't sure but the energy I felt when I met them led me to believe this was the church my friend recommended a year ago. It would be a few more weeks until I attended and confirmed, but my sister attended and told me how much she loved the church and that I had to go. My sister confirmed that this was the church my friend told me about. 


Long story short, after having a rough few days and long night last night I decided to go to church this morning. Last night in one of my journals I wrote about putting all my faith in God over every aspect of my life because I know "with God, nothing shall be impossible "  this morning I started to watch the live stream of the service on the Internet, but spirit moved me to attend. I was nervous, especially because I knew my kids wouldn't want to go. But in my heart  I knew it was my responsibility to introduce them to Christ and I knew it was time for me to stop trying to do everything on my own.

We arrived at church and felt welcome from the parking lot, my kids went to bible class for their age groups and I went into the main service. Tears began to flow as I walked into the praise and worship as I listened to the words I just felt the spirit, I knew I was in the right place at the right time. I tried to hide my tears but I couldn't, I wasn't sad I was just overwhelmed with joy and this great feeling of knowing I was home and really feeling that I finally believe that God really is in control. He led me to that church, not in my timing but his perfect timing. After the sermon, I rededicated my life and my heart to Christ, just as I had written the night before in my journal. I surrendered and I am so excited to walk this path  teach my children, and  introduce my husband to this church and worship as a family. 

So this is blog entry for day 5 as well as my thanks for the day. I am thankful to have found this church and thankful that God is always there, never leaves us, and even welcomes us back into his grace with open arms. 

Ps. My kids LOVED the church too and little did I know I would bump into my friends daughter today at church ☺️

No comments:

Post a Comment