Thursday, August 20, 2015

Show me your tongue!!

A couple days ago I shared 3 things I do daily as part of my morning routine. This morning I would like to share a little more on tongue analysis! Yes it is a "thing" according to Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine ( if you can't tell by now, I LOVE eastern medicine ❤️)

Anyways, I love checking my tongue in the morning because it really tells me what I need to focus on to improve my health daily. If I have a super thick coating on my tongue I know I need to focus on supporting my digestive system to help remove those toxins. I do this by drinking either warm water throughout the day, ginger lemon water, or a homemade digestive tea. I also know to avoid foods that are going to take a lot of effort to digest and I will avoid things that kinda dull the digestive fire... Like cold beverages 

If my tongue is beautifully pink with hardly any coating, I am super proud! This usually inspires me to continue to make healthy choices throughout the day.

So why is this so important... Well as I learned in ayurveda "you are what you digest" not so much you are what you eat. This is important because even if you are eating the right things, if you aren't digesting them and getting the nutrients, what's the point? The digestive system is also closely related to your immune system, infact I have learned that the majority of your immune system is in your gut! I can personally attest to the link between digestion and immunity as years ago, I would get sinus infections every year that would last months! I started focusing on supporting my digestive system by  making simple changes like drinking warm water as opposed to cold, choosing foods that are easy to digest, and most importantly eating with mindfulness and making sure I was free of negative emotions while eating. After implementing these changes I noticed I no longer get those sinus infections! In fact I haven't had a cold in years, even when my husband and children catch colds and are sick I have yet to catch their colds 👍☺️

I hope this post was helpful!! I will share some of my favorite links below, if you would like more info on ayurveda or traditional Chinese medicine

http://www.sacredlotus.com/go/diagnosis-chinese-medicine/get/tongue-diagnosis-chinese-medicine


http://www.spinachandyoga.com/ayurvedic-tongue-analysis/


http://heymonicab.com/check-your-tongue/

http://www.thenaturalrecoveryplan.com/articles/Tongue-Diagnosis.html






No comments:

Post a Comment